Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Birthday HM card


This is the card I gave Leigh for her birthday yesterday. I am so glad you had a lovely day Leigh!!! It is I guess a flap card turned the landscape way, the base is SU Chocolate Chip and the paper is SU Old Olive Designer Paper. The image has been coloured with Prisma pencils [got to do a lot more practice yet with them!!] and the wording is from the SU set Its Your Birthday.

It is my perfect temperature here today - 25 degrees C and overcast. Few drops of rain but we don't expect anything more unlike the flooding that is happening in North Queensland and more torrential rain to come they say. Another low is brewing in the Coral Sea which may become a cyclone as it gets nearer to the coast.

10 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is perfect, your coloring is awesome! *~*

Kylie said...

Stunning Jean and I know Leigh will love your card lol!

House Mouse is just too cute! Love the colours you used!

You can send the nice cool weather down my way it's still in the 40s here and I'm sooooo over it lol!
Take Care
Hugs XX

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh this is sooo cute - gotta love these little guys! Love the layering too - great job as always!
Hope that cyclone doesn't develope!The weather around the world is just crazy at the moment!!!

Leigh said...

Woo Hoo Jean. Yep, that's my birthday card. I luuuuurrrrrve it. Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

gasp! You have really outdone yourself this time. Stunning card, really. Did you paper piece the front part of the flower? And I love the scalloped photo corners. Ok, I'll stop gushing now, but I do really love this card. :)

Scrapping Julie said...

awesome card. love the coloring and the layout.

Andrea said...

Such a pretty stamp & beautiful use of it!

Kim Burmeister said...

Wow, Jean! I see why you wanted my HM stamps. This is awesome!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Jean - this is a great card and I know Leigh loved it. The coloring is perfect and love these colors. I hope the weather has stayed good for you.

Sue said...

Oh what a gorgeous card, i am so in luv with these mice, sue.x