Sunday, March 2, 2014

French Country






 I had been admiring this beautiful paper by Graphic 45 for a while and over the weekend of the Stamping Retreat, Leigh bought one of the paper pads for me!  Such a treasure! Then I decided I needed/wanted the 8 x 8 pad to go with it. This collection is called French Country and these sunflowers are such happy flowers that I had to use this image first!

I found that Stampin' Up! Early Espresso and the old retired Ruby Red colours went beautifully with the papers, I dyed some bright yellow seam binding with SU Crushed Curry ink and used SU buttons and the set Chalk Talk for the wording. As a suggestion from Leigh, I put a photo corner punched out of one of the papers to finish it off. The jury is still out as to whether this would be a male or female themed card.  I guess more for a female because of the flowers as Leigh said too.


3 comments:

Leigh said...

I love it Jean. They are lovely papers and I like sunflowers. So cheerful and happy.

Robyn said...

Hi Jean! Nice to see you back in blogland! Great card...I want to go to the French country one day..especially to Monet's garden!

Curt in Indy said...

This is beautiful Jean! I agree with you that these papers are beautiful. Such rich colors. Love the card. Just wanted to say hello and thank you for your support while I was away from blogging. Best, Curt