Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Girl and her roses

I admire this kind of card so much but when it comes to making a pretty one, I am in trouble! Just never sure how to get that right balance. This paper is Prima Romantique and I printed out the free image from the Magic Moonlight blog. There are hundreds there which the owner most generously shares.

The whole card is fairly self explanatory - I used a more yellowish colour of card for the neutral than the SU Very Vanilla, the flourish is a Memory Box die, the foliage is the Martha Stewart punch, the seam binding came already dyed from The Funkie Junkie - thanks Linda!!

The wording from SU [retired] has been stamped in Early Espresso, the flowers are from WOC and I have added a touch of glitter to them. Lastly I touched up the little girl's bow with a Copic Marker in gold. The lace and pearls are from my stash! I realised after I stuck down the bottom layers that I needed to do some edge sponging but too late she cried so it is not done! I WILL learn!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Pretty card Jean. Love that image. The flowers are beautiful and so is that flourish.