Monday, January 17, 2011

A New Year card

This is the card I sent out to people who I had not sent Christmas cards to when the flooding started. I still have a couple to send yet!! I was in the local Post Office this morning - it was a mad house and the workers were still sorting at midday! Parcels everywhere. We started getting mail again on Friday after not having any for a couple of weeks. The mail trucks could not get through and also the Mail Distribution centre in Brisbane had water through it.

I went grocery shopping and there was fresh milk though no long life or powdered, very very few fruit and vegetables but a couple of loaves of bread left. I cannot believe some people - the check out lady told me that people were abusing her for the lack of groceries and the quality of the fruit etc. Heavens what do they expect with these devastating floods! I bought a very very sad lettuce for seven dollars!! Well all the fertile soil down south that grew these would now be on the streets and in houses in Brisbane. All those poor farmers and people who have lost their houses and livelihoods - will they ever recover?

Back to my card - I have stamped the image and wording in SU chocolate chip and Versamark and clear embossed them on white shimmer card. There is a strip of SU Dazzling Diamonds around the image and Crystal Effects on the glass with a pinch of glitter.

I cut out the numbers circle with Nestabillities and while the die was still on the card, I drew around the inside with a SU Chocolate Chip marker. The little bow was made from the last small length I own of SU taffeta that is now retired - very sad.

The image is from Stampin' Up! and the numbers are from JustRite Stamps.

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card!!! So lovely. I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog today - since I have now discovered yours and became a follower. You make such wonderful cards and are such an inspiration.
How terrible all the flooding must be. Glad you're ok.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

I love the monocromatic tone of your card Jean...just so restful and pretty!