Saturday, September 5, 2009

Making a start!


I am starting on some stitched Christmas cards to sell so will get some stamped ones done in between times. I really love this Winter Post SU set but as yet cannot really do it justice. Maybe my colours are too bright and I need to tone down as it is a vintage style set.

My beloved Lovely as a Tree set was used - perfect for a wintery background. I masked the skaters before stamping the trees from each side, then just coloured them in with Copic markers. Lots of glitter to finish it off. I went searching for my big snowflake punch but it must be in THAT box third row in and second from the top!

Colours I just chose from random - maybe they are a no no on the colour wheel but I was OK with them - Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Handsome Hunter and Very Vanilla.

No building happening now until Tuesday - next week the roof, guttering etc will go on and then we have to have rain water tanks in ready for the big rain LOL!! We had 11 mls last night which was nice. Amazing how little rain it takes to fill a tank off a big roof!

For those asking about the Red Velvet Cupcakes, the recipe is from a book called The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. These little cakes have cocoa and red colouring in them hence the name! There are some other recipes in that book that I must try on the next lot of visitors LOL.

8 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Lovely as a tree works sooo well with this set - what a fab idea!
xXx

Philippa Petty said...

What a great card Jean. I love all the different stamp sets you have used to create this fantastic card.
Philippa

Linda's Crafty World said...

I think you card is great. Love the useage of the Lovely as a Tree. Also one of my favs

Bethel of Bethania said...

Ohhh Jean is it getting to that time of year again??? well I suppose it's not long now my calendar says it's less than 15 weeks till Christmas & we know how quick that will go... & you willno doubt be busy moving in to your new home by then... fingers crossed.
Love your card it sure does have that vintage look... B

Andrea said...

A really elegant card, Jean. Oh no! I'd better get a move on with MY Christmas cards!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Jean - this card is wonderful and I love how you colored them - it makes the couple stand out more. Great job !!!!

Leigh said...

I love it Jean. What a beautiful traditional winter card.

Kylie said...

Your card is a stunner Jean! Loved how you used lovely as a tree with winter post, very clever and loving the glitter!

Take care,
Kylie X