Sunday, February 10, 2013

Fishies

I always admire Michelle Zindorf's blog and how she can make such beautiful cards. I shy away from trying most of her techniques but gave this one a go. It is only half the card that Michelle's is but it was fun to follow her detailed instructions and I do love this fish stamp Thank you Michelle for all the inspiration you give us!

I am not good at brayering so I did more sponging . You can see those white lines outside the fish image. I will know for next time that I have to be very careful with filling the image in with the versamark pen and not go over the lines as that gets embossed and therefore resists any further colour.

Stamps: Stampin' Up! By The Tide and Layered Labels
Ink: SU Pool Party, Always Artichoke, Island Indigo, Midnight Muse, Cajun Craze and River Rock
Card: Pool Party, Whisper White, Basic Black
Other: SU brads and punches, large scalloped die, Island Indigo ribbon, black brads, cheesecloth and mesh ribbon from my stash.

7 comments:

Kylie said...

WOW Jean,
this is one AWESOME card! I love all the sponging and your fish are just too cute(can you say that about fish lol?)

Take Care,
Kylie X

Leigh said...

Oh wow, you've done well Jean. I loved Michelle's card. I'm so pleased you've given it a go.

Curt in Indy said...

Seriously, I'm blown away by your card. I actually like yours better than hers! Your coloring is so amazing on this. When I first saw this, I thought they were stickers or something. You did an AMAZING job with this. Hope you are well! Hugs, Curt

Marjan said...

I think this is a very beuatiful card! You did a great job on the coloring! The fish are almost real!

Stef Perry said...

Are you kidding? This is gorgeous, a beautiful job of brayering, and your coloring of the "fishies" is fantastic! TFS!

Stamping Shanni said...

Terrific card Jean - I love the idea of the netting behind it and the black really frames the whole image. Gorgeous!
Stamping Shanni

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Wow Jean - your card is stunning!! Looks just like an oil painting. I would be happy to have this framed and on my loungeroom wall. And the netting matches the image so perfectly.

Jocelyn