Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A change!

Now I have the bulk of my Christmas cards made, I am trying out some techniques that are new to me and they are really fun as I experiment and bin a few things before I am happy with them.

This card was heavily influenced by a tag on Linda's blog. I made up all the elements to put on a normal sized card, then found that no way could I use them all! I just thought Linda's tag was a normal sized tag - nooooo I have since checked out those GIANT tags and they are huge!! Something like 10 inches by 5 inches!! No wonder I couldn't fit an more on there. I even had a little scene cut out to use but it will keep!

So here I have used a SU River Rock base card, it is layered with a piece of manilla folder which has had the faux suede treatment, coloured, then stamped with the pine tree from my all favourite SU set Lovely As a Tree! The reindeer were die cut out of cardboard and SU Very Vanilla, then clear embossed snowflakes and sponged over.

The greeting has been stamped on SU Real Red card and clear embossed. I used a die from the SU die from the Apothecary Accents Framelits set to cut it out and then used a layer of Opals with a touch of gold embossing powder over the whole piece. There is a strip of tissue tape across the bottom and a die cut border covered with chunky glitter. The snowflakes are charms from my stash as are the mesh and button.

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

Jean, this is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!! So gorgeous!
Lynn

Marlies said...

A gorgeous tag Jean! You've used lovely techniques! hugs, Marlies

Leigh said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Jean.

Curt in Indy said...

This is absolutely stunning! Love the background and also how you embossed the deer. Gorgeous work! Best, Curt

Joan said...

Fabulous tag,love all the elements.Thanks for your comments on my blog,much appreciated. I bought a new cuttlebug but didn't like it like the old one so I now have a bigshot too!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Really gorgeous! Love your make trace x