Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bunny with a gift!

I really really enjoyed making this card. It is a CASE mainly of a card made by Linda Coughlin whose blog you can find here. I loved her card so much and did not want to change a thing! She does the most beautiful work with all sorts of interesting things and I thank you so much Linda for all your inspiration and friendship. Please have a browse through Linda's blog and enjoy!

I did not have quite all the things I needed to finish off this card better but compromised!
The base is SU Very Vanilla which I sponged around the edges with Distress Ink Shabby Shutters, then added another layer of Very Vanilla which I sponged with DI Vintage Photo before distressing the edges. The patterned paper is Pion Designs. The bunny image was cut out of Pion papers too.  The frame was cut out with two Tim Holtz Sizzix dies - cut twice - once out of Very Vanilla and again out of thin cardboard. The vanilla layer was embossed and then sponged with Shabby Shutters before glueing the two frames together. I sponged around the edges with Vintage Photo and then added a thin layer of Distress crackle paint - cannot see it in the photo though.

The flower was cut out using Sizzix dies and crinoline and tulle which Linda sells! I then coloured each layer using Tattered Rose Distress Stain and layered the pieces together with a pearl brad. The velvet leaves were coloured with Shabby Shutters Distress Stain as was the seam binding for the bow. The butterfly was punched out with a Martha Stewart Punch and coloured with Glimmer Mist before adding the pearls which I coloured with Copic Markers.

Again many thanks Linda for allowing me to show my card.

3 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

It's gorgeous, Jean! I especially love the Pion Designs paper and the wonderful embossed crackled frame using the Cabinet Card and Mini Cabinet Card dies! Beautiful work - TFS!

Hugs,
Linda

jimlynn said...

OMGoodness!! Jean, this is so lovely! Everything about it is a work of art.
Lynn

Leigh said...

You know I absolutely loved this card of Linda's and you've done a marvellous job of it too. I just love the bunny.