Monday, March 12, 2012

SC 31/12

This is the second week for me as Guest Designer on Sunny Challenges and Creations. We have a simple sketch and have to use the chalkboard technique. Well it is a number of years since I have used that technique as it is one I am not good at! Believe you me, I tried several images before settling on this one from the Inspired by Nature Stampin' Up! set.

I made a frame using Nestabilities and ran it through a striped embossing folder before sponging the edges. Then it has been raised using Dimensionals. Colours used are SU Crumb Cake, Regal Rose and Basic Black and various SU chalks for the image.

The pink ribbon did not seem to match well enough so I dyed it with Regal Rose re inker.

I hope this card can inspire you to get out the chalks again and have a go - just for a change LOL!!

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

Your cards just always amaze me! So beautiful. Love the image and the way you did this technique. So pretty.
Lynn

Squirrel x said...

Now this is simply gorgeous hun! Hugs Sxx

Vicky W said...

Hard to believe you haven't done this technique in awhile Jean. Just gorgeous & finished off perfectly! Thanks for being our Guest Designer this week at Sunny Challenges & Creations

Christine Blain said...

Wow, Jean - this is really beautiful! I love the contrast of the lighter DSP behind the dark central panel. Love the pinks with Crumb Cake. It's all gorgeous!

Kris McIntosh said...

What a beautiful creations. I love the image you have used and the perfect colouring. Thanks for being our guest designer again this week.

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

this is beautiful. I love the colors you used and the image is gorgeous.