Friday, December 2, 2011

Simple!

I have not posted for a while but do have quite a few Christmas cards made - most of which have ideas from other people's cards. I received a pack of gold and silver mirror card stock so have put it to use! This is such a simple but effective layout that my friend Sharon in the US uses a lot. Thank you Sharon for the inspiration you give me!

The cardstock used is Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla smooth and textured and Cherry Cobbler as well as the gold mirrored card. The paper comes from a MME paper pad and the image is from Penny Black and has been gold embossed. I used red glitter glue for the dots!

I will get back to doing challenges when I have all my Christmas mail organised and sent off. Hopefully this year that will happen earlier than is usual for me LOL!

SU has some great item discounts for December - some are 50% off including the lovely Welcome Christmas set! They are worth while checking out.

6 comments:

Squirrel x said...

This is just super Jean, love it! So classy and elegant. Hugs Sxx

Curt in Indy said...

OMGosh this is beautiful! I love the "ornaments" in the trees and the gold. The color combo is perfect. Great card! Best, Curt

Leigh said...

Yep, love this Jean. Beautiful Christmas card.

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Love this card Jean - it's so elegant.

Beate said...

Beautiful and elegant card.
Hugs and smiles

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Jean! I love the DSP and the glorious trees! Happy holidays!