Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sunny Challenges #9



I am leaving it late to enter this week - it has been a full week for me with family here which was so wonderful! I had lots of cuddles of my newest grand daughter who is five months old now - she is all smiles and is beautiful of course!

I am not at all happy with this card but I do like to enter the Sunny Challenge each week if I can. This is what happens when I leave things until the last minute - everything goes wrong! Now I see I did not use the ribbon how the sketch showed it - damn!! The challenge this week was to use the given sketch and have some heat embossing on the card!

I again used the Beau Chateau DSP and heat embossed the image with black embossing powder.
The base card is Sahara Sand and the sentiment is stamped on the same.

Stamps: Elements of Style and Four Frames
Card: Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Beau Chateau DSP
Ink: Versamark, Basic Black, Marina Mist, Pink Pirouette, So Saffron
Other: Black Satin ribbon, Marina Mist taffeta ribbon, Black embossing powder, Decorative Label punch and pearls

6 comments:

Leigh said...

Pretty card Jean. I love the flowers out of Elements of Style and that gorgeous stamp out of Four Frames.

Kris McIntosh said...

Beautiful card. Sounds like you have had a lovely but busy time. Thanks for making time to play along with Sunny Challenges and Creations again this week.

jimlynn said...

So glad you enjoyed the visit with the new grand baby....they really are a joy to have around!
Love this pretty and elegant looking card. Just gorgeous.
Lynn

Vicky W said...

Another stunner Jean. The ribbon is perfect on your card! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunny Challenges & Creations

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Jean! A real stunner! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with your family!

Curt in Indy said...

Actually, I like this card alot because it has a wonderful Victorian look and feel to it. I think it is beautiful. I also don't agree with you that you used the ribbon incorrectly. I looked at the sketch and I think your ribbon treatment is right on spot. Hope you are well! Best, Curt