Thursday, September 8, 2011

Monkey Challenge 72


For this week for the A La Card Monkey challenge, we had a sketch and a Christmas theme to work with. I thought this would be so easy but for some reason it took me forever to make this card. I must have stamped the image from SU Welcome Christmas twenty times and still I am not happy with the way it stamps. Oh welllll!!!!

The holly comes from the bells image in the set Bells and Boughs and I have coloured them with markers and covered the berries with Crystal Effects.

Stamps: SU Bells and Boughs, Welcome Christmas
Card: SU Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Deck the Halls DSP
Ink: SU Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Always Artichoke
Other: SU lace ribbon, Crystal Effects

5 comments:

Leigh said...

Wow Jean, this is lovely. I started with that set but didn't finish with it. rofl You've got the sketch down pat.

LeAnne said...

Very pretty...one of my favorite sets. It does take a really inky pad to get good coverage on this stamp, I've found! It's a beautiful take on the sketch!

Terry said...

Jean, your card looks warm and wonderful. It's like that perfect family Christmas moment. I love it! Thanks for playing with us at A La Card Monkey.

Denise Pustelniak said...

Beautiful card JEAN! I don't see anything wrong with your Merry Christmas label

Penny Hanuszak said...

Congrats on being a runnerup on your card post Jean. I loved this card. Clean and simple and wonderful. TFS.