Saturday, September 3, 2011

Another bird!


It was really exciting to again be the winner of the week on the Sunny Challenges blog. Wow!! Thank you Kris, Vicki and Gwen for choosing my card!


Well I have cut it a bit fine to enter the SC 05/11 challenge for this week but still some time left! We had the sketch above and we had to use the colour SU Marina Mist somewhere. I just love this SU Nature Walk stamp set and as we could use whatever shape we liked on the left side, I did it this way!

I started with an Early Espresso base, layered with Very Vanilla and then layered with Early Espresso DSP and Newsprint DSP which has been sponged with So Saffron and Marina Mist.

The only Early Espresso ribbon I own is the wide striped grosgrain so I frayed half of the width off and put a strip of punched border in Marina Mist over the frayed bits. Three antique brads sit on the ribbon and for the top corner pieces, I punched out pieces with the square scallop punch and ran them through the Square Lattice embossing folder.

For the image part, I used stamps from the Nature Walk set on a circle of Very Vanilla - these were stamped in So Saffron and the edges sponged with Early Espresso. The bird has been stamped with Early Espresso and coloured with Marina Mist and So Saffron. The leaves have been punched out of Old Olive.

Is that all? Oh the wording comes from the set Oval All - it is a pretty little stamp! I wanted to keep this card fairly flat as it is going to someone overseas but the wording is raised on Dimensionals.

4 comments:

Libby Dyson said...

Jean, what a lovely looking card. I love how you have incorporated the Marina Mist. Fantastic

Kris McIntosh said...

Another gorgeous card Jean. I love this set and you have inspired me with your design. Thanks so much for your support at Sunny Challenges & Creations.

Joanne Leddy said...

Beautiful bird and I love how you've layered our feathered friend on the cage. This is a very pretty card ... thanks for sharing!

Leigh said...

Wow Jean, what a card!!! This is absolutely fantastic. Love the way you've combined all those elements for your 'shape' on the sketch.