Thursday, March 17, 2011

Kindness card

This card took me a while to make simply because I was experimenting with dyeing seam binding! I dyed a few different colours yesterday and had them on the line overnight to dry. I found it very hard to get anywhere near a match for the darker background layer. The rhinestones have also been coloured to try to match.

The wording has been stamped in SU Bravo Burgundy on to Natural Ivory card which has then been layered on to Old Olive card. I did not want to cover up too much of the pretty background layer so hope these narrow layers look OK. Again I wish I could get clearer photos.

5 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Jean this is beautiful hun. Love the colours and you have coordinated it all wonderfully. That sentiment is super - makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Hugs Sxx

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh Jean - I LOVE this colour combo - what a totally GORGEOUS card
xXx

Leigh said...

I just love this card. Absolutely gorgeous. The dyed seam binding is fabulous.

Donna Heber said...

Jean,

This is breathtaking! The vintage background paper is beautiful as well as the rose. Your seam binding came out perfect.

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Wow - this is such a beautiful Vintage card Jean. Really gorgeous!! The seam binding looks fantastic as do the rhinestones and they look so perfect with the dp. I bought some white seam binding recently and plan on dying it - just haven't got to it yet.