Monday, November 22, 2010

Little Drawers!

I have not done much card making lately as I was busy getting a number of cards finished off and packaged ready for sale and travelling with my son to Sydney and back [it was good to see his twin brother and family for a short time while we were there]. We travelled just under 3000 kms from here to there and back with a car trailer behind!

This little set of drawers is for a very special friend who has done a lot for me at times this year. The tutorial is on Splitcoaststampers and I think is called Santa's drawers??? Now I have made up one set, I know more of where to cut etc. as to make it all fit together better.

I used Soft Suede for the frame and divider and then SU Elegant Soiree DSP for the drawers etc. For the back section, I used the SU Top Note die, SU Sizzlet die set Lots of Tags, the Embosslit Die set Beautiful Wings, the large oval tag punch and the Oval Extra-large punch. The wording is from the hostess set Occasional Quotes.

Hard to see but I have put a "runner" on top of the drawers. For the edge of it, I used the Pinking Hearts Border punch.

I used the Crumb Cake buttons for the drawers and so they can be opened more easily, I threaded the narrow taffeta Very vanilla ribbon through and left little loops. Satin Very Vanilla ribbon is wrapped right around and finished off with a bow.

All supplies are from Stampin' Up! except for the little pearls which are Kaisercraft.

I hope my friend likes it and can use the little stamping goodies I have placed in each drawer!

9 comments:

Robyn said...

Its just beautiful Jean! I have been looking for something I can make as a gift for the "girls" in my family and this looks a winner! TFS!

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh Jean it is just gorgeous! I'm sure your friend will treasure it!
xXx

Karen said...

These are lovely Jean! I have that tutorial saved and ready to try........just not enough hours in the day to do it ATM!

Karen

Leanne said...

This is soooo gorgeous Jean, love it!

Leigh said...

Looking good Jean. Love the 'runner' on the top.

Kathy Jones said...

This is beautiful Jean!!! I love blue, so I love the colours you chose and the little butterflies are just darling!!! Your button 'handles' are fantastic!!! :)

Cheryl said...

OMG look at this its GORGEOUS!!! A beautiful colour combo too and such a lovely gift for your friend!!
xx

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful job you have done an a fantastic project!

Jo Austin said...

This is just lovely.. but I can't find the template on SCS.. any idea where it is.

Enjoyed looking through your projects - they're all lovely. Well done you. xx