Saturday, July 17, 2010

Just Add Ink Challenge #26


This week, the theme for the JAI challenge was to add some embossing - either heat or dry. It was certainly not hard to add some of both. I made this card yesterday and today hauled off that ribbon - my attempt at the ruffling did not work. I will just go with a bow when I redo it.

I embossed the image from SU Soft Summer and the wording from SU Pendant Park in black and the second layer of SU Baja Breeze has an embossed line border around it. The DSP is from the SU pack Baja Breeze.
Lots of layers again on this card but I enjoy layering and I have raised the image on Dimensionals.

For those of you asking after my brother, he is still progressing slowly, his walking and speech are improving but he is awfully depressed right now. His wife was able to take him out for the weekend to her unit so I think that will make him way happier. He is eating well and putting on the weight he lost but is not interested in things likes reading and watching TV - all part of the depression bit. I will go see him again in a couple of week's time. Thank you so much to you all for thinking of him.

14 comments:

Mae Collins said...

Jean I don't know why you have hauled off that ribbon because I really like the effect it gives the card. Just a beautiful card as is! Thanks for playing at JAI.

Leigh said...

Love your ribbon treatment Jean. Lovely card.

Debbie Pamment said...

I haven't seen this set used in ages - it's just gorgeous Jean - and a fabulous reminder of what I have hiding in my room - LOL.
Hope your brother manages to get out of his depression soon - it must be soo hard for him - and his family!
xXx

Christine Blain said...

This is beautiful, Jean - I love the colours you've used, and all your embossed 'bits'.

Danielle Daws said...

So pretty! I love the ribbon the way it is. :-)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Beautiful card. Love the ribbon the way it is!!!

Karen said...

Great card Jean! I've tried that crumpled ribbon thing and can't get a half decent result for the life of me! lol You've done great with yours though!

Karen
x

Paula Dobson said...

I don't know why you hauled off the ribbon - I think you have done a great job. Love the overall effect of this card.

Jodene said...

This is a really beautiful card Jean, and I LOVE the ribbon :)

Jo said...

This is lovely Jean, I think the ribbon looks great as it is.

KimB said...

Hi Jean,
love the colours you used and how you framed the flower image - its looks lovely. The pearls and ribbon - serioussy it looked good! were great finishing touches.

Kim

AJ said...

Hi Jean! Your card is totally gorgeous. Great take on the challenge, thanks for playing at Just Add Ink! xx Amanda

Andrea said...

Jean, it's great to hear that your brother is slowly recovering. I hope you enjoy your time together when you go to see him. You may be what the doctor ordered.

As for your card, I love the effect of the ribbon. It gives th card such a lift.

Tania Gould said...

Everyone has said it already! Really beautiful card!