Sunday, June 13, 2010

Birthday Rocks

This card was made so easily as I had bought the co-ordinating card kit with the stamp set from Taylored Expressions. The stamp set is called You're My Hero and has guitars as well as the stamps I have used here. I struggle with making cards for men but here I just matched the inks to the paper and it was so simple. I have enough paper, card, brads and ribbon to make several more of these kind of cards so I can whip up one just when needed. To make the pierced holes half decent looking, I used my circle scissors to cut out a circle, used Dotto to stick it over the image circle and just pierced around the outside.

Card: Stampin' Up! Tangerine Tango, Black, Whisper White
Ink: Stampin' Up! Ballet Blue, Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Versafine Onyx Black
Other: Stampin' Up small star punch, brads and paper from kit

14 comments:

Mandy Schiller said...

Lovely Card Jean! Great tip about the paper piercing as well

Mandyxx

gerda said...

This is a very cool card !!!!

AJ said...

What a funky little card! Love how fun and bright it is. Thanks for sharing. xx Amanda

Cindy said...

Awesome card, Jean!! It all goes together wonderfully!!

Mary Hamer said...

Wow! Love this card! So unique!

Karen said...

That set of stamps are awesome Jean - I've looked at them before myself! It certainly is easier when you buy stuff in a kit though - the cards just seem to go together perfectly! Great card!

Karen

Debbie Pamment said...

Awesome job Jean - this would be a great card for teens too! Love all the funky colours and stamps!
xXx

Kathy and Lucky said...

This card is the best, love the colors and it works for so many people.

Cheryl said...

What a great card! Perfect for a man or teen boy!

Unknown said...

Great card. Love the papers.

jimlynn said...

Oh, such a cute, cute, card! I'll have to try that piercing tip! Thanks. Will also have to check out the card kit. So cute.
Lynn

Kim Gavarra said...

Hey Jean! I just bought these stamps at the Expo on the weekend, so am glad to see how you've used them! Actually you can blame Leigh for me buying them! LOL And a few other things!

Oh and great tip!

Kim Gavarra said...

Hey Jean!

Leigh just made me buy these on the weekend! Good to see how you've used them!

Leigh said...

Oh wow cool card Jean. Love it. Kim and I went shopping, think I enabled her a bit. lol