Monday, October 26, 2009

The latest


It has been one of those weeks! We were at a conference for most of four days so have had to catch up on usual chores since. I will show a card I finished in a little while but these pics are showing the latest progress on the house. It seems it will be finished by the end of next month - all going well of course! There always seems to be a little drama pop up here and there but nothing that holds things up for too long.
The floor and wall tiles are all laid and the painter comes in next week. The photo shows one side of the kitchen - for now there is bubble wrap covering all the benches to protect them. As we have the ceilings higher than normal, the wall cupboards are so much taller and I will need a step ladder to get to the top shelves! Never fear I will find something to fill them knowing my habits!!

7 comments:

Bethel of Bethania said...

Ohhh Jean it is getting so exciting seeing your house come to life... the kitchen looks great... like the oven... hot pumpkin scones??? ... B

Leigh said...

Jean, it won't be long now. It's a wonderful feeling moving into a brand new house.

Andrea said...

The house is looking great & a month will go by in no time. Congratulations!

Karen said...

Wow Jean - check out that GORGEOUS kitchen! Bet you'll pump out some yummy cakes and stuff from there!

Karen
x

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh, what a beautiful home!!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so envious, I love construction, the smell of new wood, paint, plaster dust and everything else that comes with it. I so wish I had a project going on, I will live it through yours! It is coming along beautifully! Love it!

Debbie M said...

OH how exciting!!!! What a beautiful house and what a gorgeous kitchen!! Am so loving watching your house come together.

Debbie M