Thursday, September 17, 2009

House Mouse Challenge #52 Year-in-Review



Leigh and Debbie, you inspired me to make a House Mouse card today - I always love colouring in these little mousies!!! I have taken on the HM Challenge - this week we could pick a challenge from any week of the past year so the ones I chose were Seasons and songs/lyrics. Here is the link to this week's challenge and there are some prizes up for offer too!

I have no idea what the name of this image is as I acquired it in a swap so if anyone can tell me the name of it, I might buy the stamp as I love it. Luckily, whoever stamped it out did it in an ink that I could use my Copics on so I was very happy!

I wanted to use bigger snowflakes on it and was totally frustrated as I spent time searching through boxes for some charms I have - somewhere!! Leigh sent me some sheets of beautiful glitter paper so I punched out some small snowflakes - maybe they look a bit odd?

The image is coloured with Copic Markers, sponged around the edges and layered on SU Riding Hood Red and then CB embossed white card. To finish, I used SU Dazzling Diamonds for the snow look.

Never fear Leigh, you sure have not lost your HM crown to me! I just enjoyed colouring and ended up with Copics all over the table - I was in heaven!

Tomorrow I will tackle those stencilled penguins again - today's effort was not good!

12 comments:

Leigh said...

Wowee Jean. Love your card. Your colouring with those copics is looking good. Nothing wrong with your snowflakes. Fabulous glittery card.
Can't wait to see those penguins finished.

Scrapping Julie said...

oh my!!!! this is so adorable. i love the colors, shimmer and everything about it!

Lynda said...

Jean...I just luv the all over cuteness of this card. There is a LOT of colouring tho!!! U must be a v v patient lady. Love the ribbon too.

Leanne said...

Oh my goodness, those stamps are soooo gorgeous and your colouring is exceptional. This is a beauty Jean. I love it. It put a smile on my face immediately! Thanks. Love Leanne.

Heather said...

STUNNING!! What a fabulous, beautifull colored image. Love the glittery snow and snowmouse.
Great choice of colours and layout and your snowflakes look great to me.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at HM&F.
hugs Heather xx

Debbie Pamment said...

waaaaaayyyyy toooo cuuuute!!! Not sure how I got a mention but if it gets you making more HM beauties I'm there - LOL.
xXx

Lorraine A said...

Oh this is just gorgeous :-) I love the image ,,I've never seen that one before and you coloured it perfectly,the embossed background and snowflakes look fab :-)
Luv
Lols x x

Unknown said...

Your card is adorable. I just love the image. The coloring on your card is perfect. Great Job!

Tracey said...

Fab Christmas card, love that image :-)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Unknown said...

Oh I love this card, the way you've given each of them a different colour scarf - just perfect!

you gotta love House Mouse!!

Jan xx

Debbie M said...

And your colouring again is just devine - And what a cute, cute card. LOVE those mousies.

Debbie M

sylvia said...

love your card and what a funny stamp!
hugs