Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lavender flowers

As I rarely seem to use my favourite colour much with cards, I went for colouring this image with the lavender Copics! This is the very first image I coloured with them so don't be too hard on me LOL. They are so beautiful to use but I have never been good with shading so will persevere. And for Del who asked where I bought my set, they came from Japan! thank you Del for commenting! Please email me if you want to know more and I can explain. Of course already I want more colours!

I also used the sketch from Karen's challenge this week - the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #26. My card is very very simple and I tried using other colours on it but they distracted from the main image. The card colours used are Not Quite Navy and Lavender Lace - a combo that I thought should not work but I quite like them together with the white.

The flower image is from an SU set that will be available from the new Summer Mini from the 1st August. the ribbon is from the Ribbon Originals Dress Up pack and the wording is from another new set coming in August - Great Friend. It is a beautiful set and I can see me using this wording heaps!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Jean for your first time using copics you've done fantastically well! I love your card and love the colours you've used too!

Luv K
x

Debbie Pamment said...

This is beautiful Jean - I think you've done a fabulous job with the colouring! I'm planning on inking up my set this afternoon - am even more inspired to do so now I've seen your card!
xXx

Karen Giron said...

Gorgeous card - love the coloring! Great job with the Copics :)

Robyn said...

My favourite colours too- anything blue or purple shades I just love! Lovely work!

Sam said...

Lovely jean! Your colouring is beautiful. I can't wait for my set of these stamps to arrive now too.

:-).

Chantelle said...

Lovely card Jean - great colouring - lucky you to have some Copics. Nice to see some purple colour - I just used that colour myself for a change.