Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Riley is partying!


I really am not sure why I am stamping today - my mind is not in it but wanted to get my card made for Brandon's second birthday. He is a little monkey and more so now with the terrible twos stage so I thought it appropriate to use my Riley monkey stamp.
The idea of the grid background came from this card made by Carolina. Thankyou Carolina for your ideas. The grid is so easy to do using the Scor-Pal. For the paper piecing, I used the Chocolate Chip DSP and other colours used were Stampin' Up! Riding Hood Red, Whisper White and So Saffron. Sets used were Sock Monkey and Best Yet.

9 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

That sock monkey just makes me laugh after seeing him at Convention!!! Love your card!
xXx

Kylie said...

Riley is just the cutest, cheekiest little monkey lol!
Great card Jean, love the colours you used and the layout!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Jane Norrish said...

That sock monkey is starting to grow on me. Never thought I'd hear myself say that. Jean that is a beautiful card, have to try that background.
love Jane xxx

Kristin said...

Cute card Jean! Love the primary colors. That Sock Monkey was such a hit here in the US! Looks like you're smitten too :-)

Rose said...

He is so cute! I wasn't sure about this set but I looove what you have done with him!

Leigh said...

Aaawwwww isn't he cute? Riley is very very cheeky.

Karen said...

Jean I just love this card! You certainly do some awesome things with this set!!

Luv K
xo

Anonymous said...

This is just such a cute card! I love the paper piecing and his bow-tie!

Tanya Kitto said...

Jean I have this set & it is so nice to see someone else that uses & likes it too :) Great card
Tanya