Sunday, March 29, 2009

Makeesha's Colour Challenge #6


My friends will tell you that I have a very hard time putting these colours together! Pink and orange together?? Uggggh! But I was determined to do this challenge - after all it is not called a challenge for nothing.
Thank you Keesh for the challenge but this is not a very spectacular card cos of my hang up with those colours. I decided to keep it simple and use more pink than orange. You cant see it but I have stamped the background with the SU Linen background stamp and there is a score line above the Pumpkin Pie DSP. I have just punched out circles and covered them with Crystal Effects for the "dewdrops".
Only two more days and we can order from the new SU catalogue - I bet there will be a rush of orders for a while! I must wear down my long list somewhat I think but I have to have those new punches, papers, felt flowers, ribbon - yikes it never ends.

18 comments:

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Jean - you made this color challenge look easy and you say you don't like this combination :) This is BEAUTIFUL !!!! I love the stamp you used as well. Wonderful job.

Debbie Pamment said...

I think these colours look stunning together - but then I haven't had a chance to actually TRY doing it - LOL. You've done a fab job Jean!
xXx

Mel Hanlon said...

beautiful, Jean! I think you did a great job!

Mandy Schiller said...

Lovely card Jean! You have worked the colours well! I am still yet to have a go!

Mandyxx

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I saw this color combo and didn't even look twice at it. I couldn't imagine putting pink and orange together myself. But you really made it work with this card.

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable, I am luvin how you put this together...fabulous colors! *~*

Scrapping Julie said...

you did an awesome job with the color challenge. i know some colors are hard for some and not others.

Karen said...

Jean - you've done wonderfully on this challenge considering you've never been fussed on these colours togther!

I think your card looks lovely cause you've kept it really simple'

Great job!

Karen

Debbie M said...

Hi Jean - All your creations lately are amazing!!! Love these colours together and hope to get to play along. Love your 'House Mouse' cards - so very cute!! :-))

Debbie M

Rose said...

Hey Jean! I left you something on my blog. Enjoy and pass it on!

Rose

Fiona Harrison said...

I think it's a lovely card, well done.

Bethel of Bethania said...

Woow Jean what great colour combo this is - wonderful card ... you are sure one busy girl but need to take time out here & there eh?

Scrapping Julie said...

awesome. love that color combo.

Makeesha Byl said...

Oh this is just lovely Jean! I love how it is so simple, yet super effective! Fabulous! Thanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x

LaToya said...

Your card came out wonderful. You did a great job with this color challenge.

cr8iveme said...

super cheerful card.

hugs.

M.E.

Ann said...

Well, I LOVE these colors! Plus it's got ribbon and polka dots, so it's fabulous! ;)

Unknown said...

well done! love the white against the pomegranate - beautiful card!