Sunday, June 1, 2008

Kristina's Colour Challenge

Even though I love these colours, I thought they would be challenging to place together so I had my first try at Kristina's colour inspiration challenge this weekend. I am not sure what possessed me to make a baby card with them but guess it was the Bashful Blue and So Saffron that persuaded me!

The base card is So Saffron with an embossed Old Olive strip and then the Striped ribbon. The lower section is stamped with a stamp from Boho Backgrounds [love this set] The bigger scallop circle is Not Quite Navy and the the SU scallop punch is used for the smaller circle. I have pieced the little ship from Nursery Necessities - the spotted paper is from the SU DS paper Jersey Shore [yum!!]

14 comments:

Karen said...

Jean this has turned out FANTASTIC!! That set is perfect to use with these colours!!

Karen

Leigh said...

Wonderful card Jean. I love the colours together.

Traveling Mama said...

What a cute card! Love it!

Deanna said...

Love the little boat!

Kerry said...

WOW this card is great. I think I will need to CASE it!! thank you!!

Karen Giron said...

Jean, I love your card and the little polkadot sail is just too cute!

Brooke S said...

Great baby card. Happy Stampin'

Kylie said...

Hi Jean,
Your card is soooo cute, love it!
Great job on the challenge!
Have a great day!
Take Care
~Kylie~

penniem said...

Great card Jean - You did the colors proud!
Pennie

Kriss Huels said...

Very sweet card. Just love what you did with the color challenge.

Anonymous said...

super cute card! great job!

Bethel of Bethania said...

Woow this is a lovely colour combo Jean ... amazing how many colours go together that we would never try without that little push.challenge ... ha ha ... B

stampmeshell said...

Love the card Jean. The colours work fantastically well, especially the little polka dot sail. I'd be interested to know what did you use for the larger scalloped circle?

Jean McKenzie said...

Hi stampmeshell, For the larger scalloped circle, I used a Marvy scalloped punch. These punches come in various sizes and shapes. Or you could use the Nestabilities dies through a die cut machine. HTH. Feel free to email me if you want to know more! Thank you for your kind words! Jean